In this issue:
- CAR Announcements
- CAR Business Meeting Coming Soon!
- Zoom Book Party Happy Hour!
- From the C-Chair
- Member Announcements :
- Robbie Davis-Floyd would like to remind everyone to add their recent books to the CAR Annotated Bibliography!
- CAR Graduate Paper Award Winner: Congratulations Heather Wurtz!
- Member Publications
- Michal Raucher, Assistant Professor in the Department of Jewish Studies at Rutgers University, is pleased to announce the publication of her new book, Conceiving Agency: Reproductive Authority among Haredi Women (IU Press, 2020).
- Patricia Zavella has published a new book, The Movement for Reproductive Justice: Empowering Women of Color Through Social Activism (New York University Press, 2020).
- Lydia Dixon has published a new book titled, Delivering Health: Midwifery and Development in Mexico (Vanderbilt University Press, 2020).
- Adrienne Strong, Assistant Professor in Anthropology at the University of Florida, has published a new book called Documenting Death: Maternal Mortality and the Ethics of Care in Tanzania (University of California Press, 2020)
- Lydia Z. Dixon (2020) Making Women into Protagonists: Midwives Reimagine the Mexican Childbirth Narrative, Medical Anthropology, 39:6, 521-537, DOI: 10.1080/01459740.2020.1714609
- A special issue “Behind the Measures of Maternal and Reproductive Health: Ethnographic Accounts of Inventory and Intervention” was published in Social Science & Medicine, in June 2020. The issue was edited by Jan Brunson & Siri Suh.
- COVID-19 and Reproductive Health
- Several of our CAR members have been working on research related to COVID and reproductive health. You can read more about the research in this section!
- Notes from the Field
Returning from the field: Reflections on Research and Motherhood By Megan Cogburn
And many more! Click here to read!